There are many misconceptions about getting your site indexed in Google. There is a lot of information available on the internet, but still it seems that many webmasters do not really understand how Google works when it indexes new websites.
In the interview, Cutts advises the public on how to get better website visibility in Google. It is a lot easier than you might think and contrary to popular belief, it’s not rocket science. A few ideas from from the interview include:
- Think about what people are going to type to want to come to your site .. and make sure those keywords are on your page
- Title tags matter because that is the first thing readers will see when they search on Google.
- Why the Description tag is also important for visibility on Google‘s Search Results Page.
- Why blogs are important for building community and backlinks.
- How to add your blog to be indexed by Google.
- Adding a Sitemap to Webmaster Central for fine tuning your searchability.