When anyone started blogging often one question arises in every beginners mind that what is the difference between a blog and website ? So, let’s just clear the air and reveal the difference between a blog and a website.
The main difference between a blog and a website is the difference in how data is being presented on it. But Apart from that, in practicality there is a fine line between a blog and a website, which makes blog differ from a website.
There are some basic differences between them. So, let’s just clear out the air and reveal the difference between a blog and a website.
What is a Blog?
A blog is a web log that a blogger makes for chronological listing of that blog posts. A blog has its most recent content shown at the top followed by the later updated content.
A blog can be easily started with the online services available like WordPress, Blogger, etc.
Blogger provides you free service and is good to start blogging. WordPress costs you to setup a blog. The advantage on wordpress is that it provides you more number of plugins , themes , customizable templates.
Some basic identification of Blog:
- A chronological listing of blog posts.
- Blog posts are archived by date, time, author, category, tags and.
- A commenting system that invites readers to comments and to participate in a communication.
- In short we can say blog is a personal website, where you can share your knowledge to the readers.
- RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feeds for posts and/or comments for feed-readers like Feedburner , feedly etc.
What is a Website?
Some basic identification of a website:
- A homepage that displays content often loads as a first page of a website.
- A design portfolio of work.
- Pages are link to each another. You can submit data and website process over it.
- A Frequently asked questions page that readers can browse to get more information.
- A Contact form that allows visitors to complaint or to get in touch.